As a business owner, your building is one of your most significant assets. Therefore, it’s essential to know the signs to look for to know if your commercial wiring is outdated. This can not only affect the productivity of your business, but it can be a safety issue as well.
- Blown circuit breakers: Overloaded outlets can lead to a blown circuit breaker, which can halt business. A blown circuit breaker is a safety measure that prevents overheating. If you notice your circuit breaker blowing repeatedly, it’s time to call an electrician. This could mean your electrical panel and commercial wiring are strained, which is a major fire risk.
- Flickering lights: Flickering or dimming lights are a sure sign your commercial wiring may need an overhaul. Flickering lights signify loose electrical wiring, which can lead to a building fire. It’s best to have your wiring checked by an electrician to be safe.
- Outlets that spark: A sparking outlet signifies a heat buildup, which can melt the outlet’s insulation and lead to electrical fires. The affected outlet will need to be replaced by a professional.
- Burning smells: If you notice a burning smell, it is most likely a result of faulty commercial wiring. It’s best to have the wiring checked by an electrician as soon as possible, as a burning smell signifies a serious electrical issue.
Our team of trained professionals at Lake Electric Co. Inc. can evaluate any of the above situations, helping to keep your business, employees, and customers safe. Call us today to schedule a service!